Friends Office Manager Job Opening
Summary: Under the direction of the Friends Board of Directors, this Part-Time position will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Friends of the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library Office.
Who We Are:
The mission of the Friends of the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library is to support, strengthen and enlarge the scope of the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library's services and facilities for the enrichment of the entire community.
Through its members and volunteers, the Friends:
• Give significant financial support to library programs and services for the public.
• Annually sponsor three large Used Book Sales at the library.
• Are invited to Friday night Friends Only book sale previews.
• Have the opportunity to share an enthusiasm for books and concern for the library's welfare.
Key Competencies for this role include:
• Detail Oriented with experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Ability to work with numerous stakeholders, including Board Members, Members of the Friends of the Library, Prospective members, General public, and Dow Library staff
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Flexibility – Ability to “plan for the unplanned” and adjust priorities
• Passion for helping others and contributing to a community-focused organization
General responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Volunteer coordination for 3 Book Sales and weekly inventory scheduling
• Assist in preparation and organization of quarterly book sales
• Administrative assistance to Board and organization
• Maintain membership database and process new memberships
• Provide continuity and serve as focal point for organization communications
Schedule: This Part-Time job typically requires between 10-20 hours per month, with additional hours required in during Book Sales. Specific schedule of hours each week can be flexible.
How to Apply: Send your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.