Rules & Regulations
To submit a program or use the equipment at MCTV, you must be a resident of the City/County of Midland. The minimum age to use equipment is 12 years old and must have taken an Orientation/Studio workshop with a parent or guardian and sign a form understanding the rules and responsibility for the use and return of the equipment
- Programming submitted for cable casting may be produced by qualified access users using MCTV equipment, the MCTV studio or some combination thereof.
- A prerecorded program produced by an outside source may be submitted to MCTV for cable casting by any resident of the City or County of Midland.
- Programming must meet the criteria set in the City of Midland Code of Ordinances.
- All persons submitting programs shall be responsible for obtaining all required clearances and releases for their programs.
- In the absence of proof, which is satisfactory to the MCTV Coordinator that all required clearances and releases have been obtained, a program, production or presentation shall not be cablecast.
Clearances and releases are required, but not limited to the following areas:
- Copyright / intellectual properties
- Model / performer releases
- Performance rights
Those persons who submit a program to MCTV for cable casting must complete a form prescribed by MCTV that specifies whether the program contains any of the following:
- Adult Language:
- A program that includes profanity, vulgarity, cursing or is otherwise inappropriate for children
- A program that includes the showing of the human male or female genitals, pubic area or buttocks with less than fully opaque covering, or the showing of the female breast with less than fully opaque covering of any portion thereof below the top of the nipple, or the depiction of covered male genitals in a discernibly turgid state
- A program that includes actual or depicted acts of violence or physical abuse
MCTV reserves the right to refuse to cablecast any program if the person submitting the program fails to disclose that the program contains any of the above. In the event that any of the above are not disclosed as required, the MCTV Coordinator may revoke the person's qualified user access status and refuse to cablecast programs thereafter submitted by that person.