Internet Business Resources
Please Note: The following links are supplied for informational purposes only and are not supported or endorsed by the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library or the City of Midland. The library gives careful consideration to the resources that it provides for the community and does not accept solicitations for inclusion to our pages.
- Entrepreneurship.org - View topics relevant to the business owner including Entrepreneurial Life, Legal matters, Marketing & Sales, Money, Planning & Strategy, and Talent & HR.
- IRS Small Business & Self-Employed - Tax forms and publications for small businesses with assets under $10 million. Get your Employer ID Numbers and learn how to file self employment and small business taxes.
- MeL Business Gateway - Library of Michigan eLibrary provides support and resources for entrepreneurs and small businesses. Explore resources, identify key partners, and conduct research.
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation - (MEDC) Offers programs and resources to help support the growth of businesses in the State of Michigan
- Start-Up Business Assistance - Access start up guidance, licensing, taxes and other resources.
- Michigan Small Business Development Center - (SBDC) - Provides counseling, training and research to assist small businesses.
- NAICS.com - The North American Industry Classification System. Look up the code for a particular industry. What it is and how it is used.
- NAICS directory - View the official descriptions of the codes.
- Thomasnet - Find the supplies you need to run your business.
Starting a Business - The Library hosts an information session most months of the year. Click here to view the dates and how to register
Chamber of Commerce Small Business Presentation, Nov 5, 2014