City Calendar and Services Guide
The 2019 Community Photo Contest is Now Open!
It's time to show us your city - the 2019 Community Photo Contest is now open!
Submit up to two (2) color photos of Midland events, people at work or play, scenic or historic places, or your favorite snapshot that reflects our city and your photo could be featured in the 2019 City of Midland City Calendar & Services Guide! (There is no monetary prize, but seeing your photography in print is definitely worth it!)
- Photos must reflect people, places, or events within the City of Midland only.
- Photos should be no more than two (2) years old.
- Limit of two (2) photos per entrant.
- Photo must be high-resolution and capable of being reproduced on professional printing presses.
- Professionally-produced and/or copyrighted photos (ex: senior pictures, family portraits, in-studio shots, etc.) will not be accepted.
- All photo entries become the property of the City of Midland.
- If your photo(s) contain the recognizable image of a minor, you MUST have permission from the minor's parent or guardian prior to submitting your photo.
Participants whose entries are selected for the 2019 City Calendar and Services Guide will be notified by mid-November 2018. Winning entries will also be posted to the City's social media accounts at various times throughout 2019.
The annual Community Photo Contest runs every year from early August through the Tuesday after Labor Day. Citizens should except to receive their 2019 calendars by early December 2018.
See Some of the 2018 Contest Winners:
About the Calendar
The City of Midland publishes the annual City Calendar and Services Guides to provide citizens with information related to:
- Public meeting schedules for Midland City Council and our boards and commissions
- Due dates for taxes, utilities payments, and more
- City and community events
- General information about our departments' day-to-day operations, contact information, and ordinances
- Beautiful photos of our community at work and play!
All residents within the City limits receive a City Calendar & Services Guide every year in their mailbox in early December. New residents in the community receive one in their "welcome packet" mailed by Public Services.
If you live outside of the City limits and would like a calendar, please visit City Hall, the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library, or the Municipal Service Center to pick up a copy!