City Calendar and Services Guide
The 2020 Calendar Photo Contest is Now Open!
The 2020 City Calendar Photo Contest is now open! Residents are invited to submit their favorite photos of the people, places, and activities that best represent life in Midland for the chance to be featured in the 2020 City Calendar & Services Guide, distributed to all Midland homes!
Key contest rules:
- Limit of three (3) photo entries per photographer.
- Photos should be no more than two (2) years old.
- Photos must be high-resolution images that are not digitally altered
- Professionally-produced and/or copyrighted photos (ex: senior pictures, family portraits, in-studio shots, etc.) will not be accepted.
- All photo entries become the property of the City of Midland and may be used in City promotions, social media posts, and other formats
The 2020 City Calendar & Services Guide will be delivered to City residents' mailboxes during the first week of December 2019. Contest winners will be notified by email and postal mail in mid-November 2019 if their photo is selected for the calendar. Click the image above to enter!
What Should I Enter?
In order to encourage creativity and originality, we try not to tell residents what they should submit for their entries. However, please keep in mind that we'll be using these photos to create a beautiful calendar for the community - so let's see the best of what you have!
Here are a few things we DON'T suggest:
- Family portraits - particularly posed photos. Candids are great!
- Photos of the Tridge - we love the Tridge, but about 90% of our submissions each year include the Tridge. This greatly limits our options!
- Photos of private property - including private residences, backyards, interiors of homes, etc.
- Generic nature photos that could have been taken anywhere - flowers/trees/wildlife are great, but close-ups of these items don't say anything about the uniqueness of Midland. If you want to submit a photo including one of these, ensure it has context in the image that shows it was taken here!
See some of the 2019 Calendar Contest winners:
About the Calendar
The City of Midland publishes the annual City Calendar and Services Guides to provide citizens with information related to:
- Public meeting schedules for Midland City Council and our boards and commissions
- Due dates for taxes, utilities payments, and more
- City and community events
- General information about our departments' day-to-day operations, contact information, and ordinances
- Beautiful photos of our community at work and play!
All residents within the City limits receive a City Calendar & Services Guide every year in their mailbox in early December. New residents in the community receive one in their "welcome packet" mailed by Public Services.
If you live outside of the City limits and would like a calendar, please visit City Hall, the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library, or the Municipal Service Center to pick up a copy!