The service desk where books and other materials are loaned or checked out. This is where you apply for a library card, return your books and check out or renew library materials. The phone number is 837-3457.
Loan periods vary from 4 days to 28 days. The library has a 4 day grace period on overdue materials (except videos, DVDs, Book Express and most material loaned from another library). If you return your materials within this period you will not be fined. A printed receipt will list the due dates of your library materials.
- 4 Weeks - Most items
- 2 Weeks - New books, CDs, magazines, holiday materials, circulating encyclopedias, maps, pamphlets and other high demand items
- 1 Week - Nonfiction videos, and Book Express items, Feature and children's videocassettes and DVDs older than 6 months
- 4 Days - New DVD's (up to 6 months after release)
Fines & Fees
- Adult material - $0.15 per day up to a maximum of $15 per item, per checkout period, or the cost of the item, whichever is less.
- Youth material - $0.10 per day up to a maximum of $10 per item, per checkout period, or the cost of the item, whichever is less.
- Videos or DVDs - $1 per day, per video up to the replacement cost of the video.
Lost & Damaged Material
- Lost Items - Cost of the item per the library database plus an $8 processing fee
- Damaged Material - If an item is returned beyond repair, the total cost of the item per the library database must be paid plus an $8 processing fee. If audio cassettes or books on CD and MP3 are returned with missing items that can be replaced, the cost of the replacement per the vendor plus an $8 processing fee will be charged.
- Failure to pay assessed fines and fees may result in suspension of library privileges or further legal action.
Video & DVD Rental
- Up to 6 months after release - $2.50 per check out period
- Six months after release - $1.25 per check out period
- Children’s videos - No charge
- Overdue videos and DVDs - $1 per day up to the replacement cost
- Video rewind - $1 per video
Inter-Library Loans & Holds
- Holds and interlibrary loan requests - $0.25 per item
- Michigan Electronic Library catalog requests - No charge
- Other interlibrary loan fees as applicable
- Resident cards - Free (Service Areas)
- Non-resident cards - $75 per year
- Replacement cards - $2 damaged cards will be replaced free of charge upon presentation of damaged card by card holder.
- Borrowing materials without having library card - Service charge of $1 (All circulation policies apply.)
Copy & Printing Fees
- Black and white - First page no charge, additional printing $0.10 per page
- Color - (only available for the internet) $1 per page
- Copy machines, Microform reader printer - $0.10 per page
The Fines and Fees Ordinance (PDF) took effect on February 4, 2008.
You may place a hold yourself by using the online catalog in the library or on the Internet with the web catalog. The Reference Desk staff will also place a hold for you within the library or by telephone. You must have your Library card with you to place holds. Cost for placing a hold is 25¢, collected when you pick up your item. You will be notified by phone or email when the material is being held.
Two successive renewals may be made on most materials if another patron has not placed a hold on them. You must have your Library card with you to renew. The exceptions are videos, DVD's, C D Rom's, Book Express, Battle of the Books, holiday items and most material loaned from another library which are not renewable. (CD's and audiotapes may be renewed once). Renew your material by:
- Stopping at the Checkout Desk
- Calling 989-837-3457
- Using the public terminals at the library
- Accessing our web catalog