- Parks and Recreation
- Partnerships & Donations
- Donation Program
Memorial Donation Program
Thank you for your interest in the Memorial Donation Program. Donations offer a meaningful way for park users to connect to their favorite places, celebrate milestones and honor loved ones while supporting our community’s parks.
Memorial Bench Donation
This donation provides for the installation of a new bench within a city park where none existed before or where one is in need of replacement. Benches include engraved wording on the back along with a pad of concrete beneath onto which the bench is mounted and secured. Concrete pads can only be poured from June to October. Benches allow for up to 4 rows of text, each 63 characters per line (including spaces). We are no longer accepting requests for the Farmer’s Market or Pere Marquette Rail Trail areas.
Picnic Table Donation
This donation provides for the installation of a new picnic table within a city park where none existed before or where one is in need of replacement. A circular Polycarve plaque including personalized wording is also included. Picnic tables are mounted onto concrete pads which can only be poured from June to October. Tables allow for up to 3 rows of text, each 18 characters per line (including spaces). We are no longer accepting requests for the Farmer’s Market or Pere Marquette Rail Trail areas.
This donation provides for the planting of a tree in a City park. You are welcome to work with the Horticulturist to pick the species of tree to be planted. Staff will work with donors on the placement of a plaque if requested, but it is not included as part of the donation.
If you would like to make a monetary donation not associated with a bench, tree or table, please contact the Midland Area Community Foundation to support one of our endowed maintenance funds; the Tridge, the Nicholson-Guenther Band Shell or the Fun Zone.
Additional Donation Information
- All trees and park furnishings donated through this program are the property of Midland Parks and Recreation and are maintained at the same level as the other furnishings and landscape elements within the park system.
- Damaged or vandalized benches and picnic tables will be repaired in a timely manner by the Department.
- Engraved language on all benches and picnic tables is subject to approval by the Department.
- Midland Parks and Recreation Department manages the donation program. Not all the parks are suitable for new bench or picnic table donations. Available bench donation opportunities vary by project, park and request. Department staff makes all final decisions regarding bench location, style and availability.
- Once the particular park location and wording is approved by the Department, please allow approximately 3 months for the installation (Jun-Oct) to be completed once donation has been paid in full.
- Park bench and picnic tables dedications have a life span of 15 years. After that period, the furnishings will be available for renewal with first right of refusal given to original donor. The department will make a reasonable attempt to reach the original donor through contact information originally submitted with the donation.
- The Department will coordinate the donation and installation of your bench or other park furnishing according to policy and procedure.