Areas of Responsibility
The City of Midland Building Department often receives calls on a variety of subjects. Some of these subjects are within the department's scope of services, and some are not.
The Building Department does not addresses issues that pertain to properties and regulations outside the city of Midland.
Neighborhood Code Enforcement
- Abandoned, unlicensed, and/or inoperative vehicles and parts on private property
- General property maintenance
- Home occupations / businesses
- Maintenance of residential or commercial structures in the city
- Parking of recreational vehicles, boats, trailers, etc.
- Parking on lawns
- Rental unit inspections
- Temporary signs - such as real estate, garage sale, contractor, etc.
- Trash, litter and debris
Building demolition within the city is also regulated and monitored by the Building Department.
The Building Department handles issues regarding construction, major renovation / repair work, and/or equipment installation within the Midland city limits. This includes structural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical work as well as areas affected by this type of work.
Rental Inspection & Certification
All rental units in the city of Midland must be inspected and certified every two years. If you know of an uncertified rental or have concerns about a rental property, please contact the Building Department at 989-837-3383.
The Building Department also monitors and regulates signage in Midland.
For questions or concerns about the above areas, call 989-837-3383.