Working on Rental Units

Project Work on Rental Units

All rental property projects involving electrical, plumbing, or mechanical work require that a contractor licensed with the City of Midland and State of Michigan in the appropriate field apply for the permit and do the work once the permit has been received.

Rental property owners may apply for other permits that do not require plumbing, mechanical, or electrical expertise and licensing, such as those for siding, reroofing, signage, window replacements, etc.