- Public Services
Curbside Fall Leaf Collection Begins November 2 in Area B
Curbside leaf collection will begin for the 2020 season on Monday, November 2 in Area B. City crews will test leaf collection equipment in random areas of the city on October 28 – 30. Collection will officially begin in Area B, then proceed to Areas C, D, and A.
Residents in Area B should prepare their leaves for collection at this time; however, residents in all areas can start raking leaves to the street now.
To prepare leaves for collection:
- Leave one foot of gutter space between the leaf pile and the curb to allow a path for water to properly drain from the street;
- Avoid placing brush, sticks, branches, or refuse into curbside leaf piles, as doing so may damage equipment and injure workers;
- Place fall yard waste (sticks, pumpkins, etc.) in yard bags or bins at the curb on refuse collection day. Annual bin stickers or 40-cent bag stickers are not required through the end of the 2020 collection season.
Click here for a real-time map that will help you track crews' progress through the city during leaf collection.
Fall Free Yard Waste Collection Begins October 5
The City of Midland Fall Free yard waste collection began October 5 through the remainder of the 2020 yard waste collection season. During this free period, 40-cent per bag stickers and annual yard waste bin stickers are not required.
Weekly yard waste is collected in kraft paper compost bags or 95-gallon yard waste bins on your regular refuse collection day. Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, garden waste, and small twigs and branches.
- Borrow-A-Container Program
- Dial-A-Ride Public Transportation
- Maintenance of over 250 miles of the City's major and local streets, which includes: 1) Snow Removal 2) Street Repair-Potholes 3) Curb Repair 4) Catch Basin Repair
- Monthly Heavy Item & Brush Collection
- Monthly Recycling Collection
- Sidewalk Repair and Maintenance
- Street Sweeping
- Weekly Refuse Collection
- Weekly Yard Waste Collection @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>