Voting and Registration

Registering to Vote

Voter registration can be completed online using the form below, by mail, or in person at the City Clerk's Office. Your drivers license or other form of current picture ID is all you will need to bring with you to register. Other forms of current picture ID include:

  • Michigan State ID Card
  • Driver’s License or ID Card issued by another state
  • A Federal or State Government-issued ID
  • A U.S Passport
  • A Military ID card with a photo
  • A Tribal ID card with a photo
  • A Student ID with a photo from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education

To register to vote in Michigan you must be:

  • A resident of Michigan and the city or township where you are applying to register to vote for at least 30 days before election day.
  • A citizen of the United States of America.
  • At least 18 years of age (by election day).
  • Not serving a sentence in jail or prison.

Where to Register

Please take notice that any qualified elector of the City of Midland who is not already registered, may register to vote at the City Clerk's office; the County Clerk's office; a Secretary of State branch office, or other designated state agency. Registration forms can be obtained online at and and submitted through the website or printed and mailed to the City Clerk's office. Voters who are already registered may update their registration at

The last day to register in any manner other than in-person at the City Clerk's office is Monday, April 17, 2023. After this date anyone who qualifies as an elector may register to vote in-person with proof of residency (MCL 168.492) at the City Clerk's office 333 W. Ellsworth St. Midland, MI, 48640 during business hours.  

Find Your Polling Location

You can use the link below to lookup your City of Midland polling location, view the City of Midland Ward Map, or contact the Midland City Clerk's Office for assistance.

Bring Identification

Effective in November 2007, voters must bring a photo ID with them to the polls, or sign a form stating that they do not have any, per Michigan election law. Voters who do not possess either document can show any of the following forms of picture ID as long as the documents are current:

  • Driver's license or personal identification card issued by another state (must include photo)
  • Federal or state government-issued photo identification
  • Military ID with photo
  • Student identification with photo from a high school or accredited institution of higher learning
  • Tribal identification card with photo
  • U.S passport

The ID must include the person's name. It does not have to include a residential address.

Voting by Absentee Ballot or Military and Overseas Voting

Information on Absentee Voting, the permeant absent voter list, ballot tracking, and/or overseas or military voting can be found at the link below:

Voting Equipment for Those with Disabilities

Voter Assist Terminals are now available to Midlanders that will make voting much easier for those with disabilities. These ballot marking devices are available to all voters with special accommodations for hearing, visual, physical and other disabilities. This new machine has many pluses:

  • Provides voters the opportunity to independently vote a ballot in complete privacy. The terminal marks the voter's selections on paper that becomes their ballot. 
  • Voters can select their choices using a touch screen. 
  • Personal adaptives may also be used to assist voters in making their selections. 
  • There is a touch screen component for those who have difficulty holding a writing instrument.
  • The ballot can be read to a voter through headphones if they have difficulty reading a ballot.
  • There is a sip 'n' puff port on the machine for voters who utilize such a device for mobility and independence.
  • A Braille keypad is available for the blind.

The completed ballot is then fed into a tabulator, which scans and records the votes.