Frequently Requested Forms

Handbill Information Sheet

Handbills are printed sheets or pamphlets distributed by hand. Before attempting to pass out handbills within the Midland City Limits, you must:

  • Apply for a Handbill Distributor's License.
  • Bring a copy of the handbill you plan to distribute to the City Clerk's Office for approval.

Handbill Distributor's License Forms may be obtain in-person at the Midland City Clerk's Office.

For more on handbill distribution, refer to the handbill distribution regulations from the Midland Code of Ordinances.


Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request Form

The provisions of the federal Freedom of Information Act, which allows citizens to request copies of non-exempt public records from the City of Midland, are available for review online. If your request meets the requirements of the act, you may submit a request using the form below.


Solicitor License

Soliciting business door-to-door within the City of Midland requires a license only if the goods will be delivered sometime after the sale is made. Going door-to-door to sell items such as Girl Scout cookies, or other items that are delivered to the customer at the same time purchase is made, would not require a license. The fee for a 1 year solicitor's license is $20, which expires April 30 of each year regardless of when license is received. Each spring, the City will mail a reminder of the April 30 expiration date to the signer of the application form.


Going Out of Business / Bankruptcy / Moving / Fire License

If a company within Midland's City limits is going out of business, facing bankruptcy, moving to another location, or has experienced a fire, the following license application must be completed. In addition, a separate sheet must be attached to the application that states that no more inventory will be brought into the store, or that lists the company's remaining store inventory.

More details are included on the application form. The fee for a license good for 30 days is $50. This license is renewable twice.


Miniature Pig License Form

Miniature pigs may be raised as pets within the City of Midland with an approved license and annual fee paid to the City of Midland.