- Boards & Commissions
Boards & Commissions
The Important Role of City Organizations
City of Midland boards and commissions play an important role in advising Midland City Council on ways to maintain and improve our community. From aviation to zoning, serving on a City of Midland board or commission is a great way to get more involved with your local government. The term of each board and commission member is typically three years. Appointments are made by the City Council in the spring of each year.
Of the boards and commissions listed below, nine are televised live and replayed on MGTV-188, Midland's government channel:
- Aviation Advisory Commission
- Cable Access Advisory Commission
- Center City Authority Board
- Downtown Development Authority
- Library Board
- Parks and Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- West Main Street Historic District Commission
- Zoning Board of Appeals
For more information on each City board and commission, choose from the list below.