Bid & Vendor Process
The City of Midland has partnered with BidNet as part of the MITN Purchasing Group and will post their bid opportunities to this site. As a vendor, you can register with the MITN Purchasing Group and be sure that you see all available bids and opportunities. By selecting automatic bid notification, your company will receive emails once The City of Midland has a bid opportunity that matches your company's business. In addition, the site handles bid opportunities, RFPs, and RFQs for other member governmental agencies throughout Michigan.
Per City ordinance, we are required to seek written quotes on purchases of goods or services anticipated to exceed $3,500 and to solicit formal, sealed bids on all items expected to exceed $15,000 in value. Smaller purchases may be handled by the individual user department through less formal written or oral quotes from known suppliers.
Things to Consider About the Bidding Process
This information is from the “Standard Instructions to Bidders” document included in your bid package. Please read information thoroughly before submitting a bid:
- Envelopes containing bids must be sealed and clearly marked on the outside of the envelope with the name and address of the bidder, the title and bid number of the project, and the date and time of the scheduled bid opening.
- Any bid received after the scheduled opening time will not be accepted and will be returned unopened.
- Any bidder may withdraw their bid response by written request at any time prior to the scheduled bid opening.
- Telephonic or faxed bids will not be accepted. In addition, telephonic, telegraphic, or faxed amendments to bids or withdrawals will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Unless otherwise specified, no bid may be withdrawn, changed, or modified in any way for a period of 60 calendar days from the date of the bid opening.
- Negligence on the part of the bidder in preparing the bid confers no rights for the withdrawal of the bid after opening.
- Bids received prior to the time of the bid opening will be securely kept unopened. No responsibility will attach to any officer or employee of the City for the premature opening of a bid not properly addressed or identified.
- In case of a discrepancy between unit prices and their extensions, the unit price bid shall govern.
For further information on the bidding process, contact Ashley Errer, Senior Procurement Accountant, at 989-837-3331.