The City Treasurer's Office coordinates permit parking spaces in the downtown area in lots owned by the City of Midland:
- There are 178 outside parking spaces available for leased parking at a cost of $250 per year.
- Another 46 parking spaces are available for lease in the Larkin parking ramp at $331.51 per year effective January 1, 2017.
- There are 438 3-hour free parking spaces in the downtown area.
- Metered spaces are available with time supplied up to 10 hours/day at a cost of $0.20/hour.
- There are 50 metered spaces on the first floor of the Larkin parking ramp, and 12 in the parking lot at Ashman and Larkin.
The City of Midland Treasurer's Office is responsible for enforcing parking in the downtown area Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. A parking violations clerk patrols the downtown area and issues citations for parking violations. The Parking Violations Bureau can be reached at (989)837-3320.
Parking on City streets between the hours of 3 - 6 a.m. is prohibited, according to Chapter 24, Article II, Section 24 - 13, Sub-Section 8.28 of the City’s Code of Ordinances. The Midland Police Department is responsible for enforcing this ordinance.
Violations, and their subsequent fees, include, but are not limited to:
- Overtime parking/meter violations ($10 per offense)
- Failure to display permit ($15 per offense)
- Prohibited zone parking ($15 per offense)
- Parking on City streets - 3 - 6 a.m. ($30 per offense)
- Obstructing traffic ($30 per offense)
All parking fines double if they are not paid within 7 calendar days.
On May 11, 2009, City Council approved increases in penalties for parking violations within the City of Midland. Prior to this action, these penalties had not been updated since 1998. The new fees are effective July 1, 2009. A list of all penalties (PDF) is available for review.
Parking Ticket Appeals
You may appeal a City of Midland parking ticket. Access an interactive online form appealing your parking ticket.