Master Plan Background
State requirements mandate that the City of Midland review, and update as necessary, the city’s Master Plan at least every 5 years after its adoption. In keeping with this requirement, the City of Midland Planning Commission initiated a review of the Master Plan in April 2016 and spent the next several months reviewing subject parcels subject to Future Land Use designation review. This process resulted in a draft Master Plan that was forwarded to Midland City Council and approved for public distribution on August 15, 2016.
A public hearing was held before the Planning Commission on October 25, 2016, and further City Council review on November 14, 2016, the City of Midland Master Plan update of the Future Land Use map was adopted by the City of Midland Planning Commission on November 22, 2016.
As adopted, the Master Plan is used as a comprehensive, long-range guide for managing growth, development, and redevelopment in the Midland community.
- Acknowledgements (PDF)
- Chapter 1 - Introduction (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - City Profile (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Natural Resources Inventory (PDF)
- Chapter 4 - Local Economy and Market Strategies (PDF)
- Chapter 5 - Future Land Use (PDF)
- Chapter 6 - Transportation (PDF)
- Chapter 7 - Community Facilities (PDF)
- Chapter 8 - Implementation (PDF)
- Chapter 9 - Performance Measures (PDF)
- Cover Page (PDF)
- Executive Summary (PDF)
- Signed Resolution (PDF)
- Table of Contents (PDF)