The Library has audiobooks available in a variety of formats from a variety of sources. They checkout for 28 days and can be renewed once. Help searching for audiobooks in the catalog (PDF).
- CDs - Listen to books in your CD Player. The Library has audiobooks for children, teens and adults, both fiction and nonfiction.
View a list of Audiobooks in the catalog.
- MP3 Disks - Looks, sounds and feels like a regular CD but the content is a smaller file, often the book fits on 1 disk. You need a MP3 compatible CD player to use. (Car makers started installing MP3 compatible CD players around 2005)
View a list of MP3s in the catalog.
- Playaways - A Playaway contains an entire book that is pre-loaded in one small portable device. How to play. You will need to provide your own earphones and battery.
View a list of Playaways in the catalog.
Library Web Resources - Use your library card number to access these resources outside of the library.
- OneClickDigital eAudiobooks - Using OneClickdigital downloadable audiobooks you can listen to nearly 3400 titles at any time from one of the most popular audiobook publishers, Recorded Books. Help using the OneClick collection.
- OverDrive Audiobooks - Download and listen to new popular audiobooks using the OverDrive App. Help using the OverDrive Audiobook Collection (PDF)
- TumbleBookLibrary - Provides "ebooks for e-kids." This resource offers story books that you can listen or read along with, easy readers, chapter books, children's classics, puzzles and games, audiobooks, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Russian books, online audio book library collection of streaming audio books, and unlimited remote access to your audio book collection.
The following are sites that have free audiobooks.
- Storyline Online - Sponsored by the Screen Actor's Guild Foundation, Storyline Online provides children's books read aloud by actors.
- Storynory - Storynory is an online British treasure trove of audio stories for children. Here you will find a mixture of new stories, fairy tales, and specially adapted myths and histories. We also have a sprinkling of verse. Stories can be listened to online or downloaded, there is a promotional message from sponsor at beginning of story.