Fines & Fees
- Adult material - 15¢ per day up to a maximum of $15 per item, per checkout period, or the cost of the item, whichever is less.
- Youth material - 10¢ per day up to a maximum of $10 per item, per checkout period, or the cost of the item, whichever is less.
- DVDs - $1 per day, per title up to the replacement cost of the video.
Lost & Damaged Material
- Lost Items - Cost of the item per the library database plus an $8 processing fee
- Damaged Material - If an item is returned beyond repair, the total cost of the item per the library database must be paid plus an $8 processing fee. If books on CD and MP3 are returned with missing items that can be replaced, the cost of the replacement per the vendor plus an $8 processing fee will be charged.
- Failure to pay assessed fines and fees may result in suspension of library privileges or further legal action.
- New DVD's (Up to 6 months after release) - $1.00 per check out period (4 day rental)
- Fiction titles six months after release - $1.00 per check out period (7 day rental)
- Children’s Movies, Non-Fiction DVDs and Foreign films DVDs - No charge (7 day rental)
- Overdue DVDs - $1 per day up to the replacement cost
Inter-Library Loans & Holds
- Holds and inter-library loan requests - 25¢ per item
- Michigan Electronic Library catalog requests - No charge
- Other inter-library loan fees as applicable
- Resident cards - Free (Library Service Areas)
- Non-resident cards - $75 per year
- Replacement cards - $2 damaged cards will be replaced free of charge upon presentation of damaged card by card holder.
- Borrowing materials without having library card - Service charge of $1 (All circulation policies apply.)
Printing & Copy Fees
- Black and white - 10¢ per page
- Color - $1 per page
- Copy machines, Microform reader printer - 10¢ per page
The Fines and Fees Ordinance (PDF) took effect on February 4, 2008.