Business & Marketing Research Databases
Use your library card number to access these resources.
- BusinessDecision - (CivicTechnologies) Comprehensive business-to-consumer market data. Detailed company profiles, product and brand information combined with investment reports, rankings and market share data allow users to better understand the consumer marketplace.
- Business Insights: Global - Case studies, statistical data sources, news articles, academic journals, and topical reference materials organized by country, company, and industry.
- Demographics Now - Robust and highly-detailed demographic data. Ideal for gaining consumer and market insight as you consider opening a business, finding an untapped audience for your products, analyzing the shifts and needs of a given population, and more. Reporting capability allows you to rapidly produce a variety of compiled reports to help you make informed and accurate decisions.
- Gale Directory Library - Business Rankings Annual, Ward's Directory of Public and Private Companies in USA, Canada and Mexico. View over 100,000 U.S companies, listing the industries in which it operates, names of top executives, number of employees, the type of company it is, and financial performance.
- Michigan Legal Forms- Legal and business forms to fill in, save, print, and file. Business forms includes incorporation, accounting, power of attorney, and business trade name. Also includes legal definitions, attorney directory, legal Q and A, business taxes, and new business registration.
- Morningstar Library Edition - Mutual funds and stock information with recommendations and investing education. Morningstar ratings, and investment indexes and groups.
- Reference USA - Directory of business and residential information. Also includes job postings and consumer/lifestyle marketing information. Resource has a powerful advance search with many useful criteria to easily get to relevant results.
- Small Business Resource Center - Learn how to start, finance or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how-to guides, and magazine articles.
- S & P NetAdvantage - Comprehensive Investment Information. Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, EFT's, and Company Profiles. (Replaces S&P print products.)
- ValueLine - (In-library use only) Find extensive financial and statistical data on stocks. Includes recent news and analysis. Educational tools for building an investment portfolio.
Internet Business Resources
Please Note: The following links are supplied for informational purposes only and are not supported or endorsed by the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library or the City of Midland. The library gives careful consideration to the resources that it provides for the community and does not accept solicitations for inclusion to our pages.
- Entrepreneurship.org - View topics relevant to the business owner including Entrepreneurial Life, Legal matters, Marketing and Sales, Money, Planning and Strategy, and Talent and HR.
- IRS Small Business and Self-Employed - Tax forms and publications for small businesses with assets under $10 million. Get your Employer ID Numbers and learn how to file self employment and small business taxes.
- MeL Business Gateway - Library of Michigan eLibrary provides support and resources for entrepreneurs and small businesses. Explore resources, identify key partners, and conduct research.
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation - (MEDC) Offers programs and resources to help support the growth of businesses in the State of Michigan
- Start-Up Business Assistance - Access start up guidance, licensing, taxes and other resources.
- Michigan Small Business Development Center - (SBDC) - Provides counseling, training and research to assist small businesses.
- NAICScom - The North American Industry Classification System. Look up the code for a particular industry. What it is and how it is used.
- NAICS directory - View the official descriptions of the codes.
- Thomasnet - Find the supplies you need to run your business.
Starting a Business - The Library hosts an information session most months of the year. Click here to view the dates and how to register