November 2, 2018 – If you plan on having a houseful over the holidays and need to use on-street parking, please keep in mind these rules of the road:
- Parking on streets within the City is not allowed between 3 and 6 a.m. If you’d like to submit a request for an exception, call the Midland Police Department at 989-631-5716.
- Parking on the curb, sidewalk, area between the sidewalk and curb, or in front of private or public driveways is not allowed.
- Vehicles cannot block or obstruct public sidewalks or paved pathways.
- Do not double-park in the City.
- Drivers may not park within 20 feet of a crosswalk, within 15 feet of an intersection, or on city park property.
- Parking on lawns or grassy surfaces is not allowed.
- To park in a handicapped space, you must have a Secretary of State-issued tag or license plate that is visible on your vehicle.
- You may not park in a manner that obstructs travel lanes and fire hydrants.
For more on these parking rules, visit www.cityofmidlandmi.gov.