August 2, 2019 – The City of Midland invites you to “Show us your City!” The City’s annual Community Photo Contest is now open for amateur photographers to submit their favorite photos of life in Midland for a chance to be featured in the 2020 City Calendar and Services Guide.
Photos should feature the people, places, and events that make Midland a truly unique place to live or can depict programs and services offered by the City of Midland. Participants do not need to be a City of Midland resident to enter.
Key contest rules:
- Photos must reflect people, places, or events that depict life in the city of Midland only.
- Limit of three (3) photo entries per photographer.
- Photos should be no more than two (2) years old.
- Professionally-produced and/or copyrighted photos (ex: senior pictures, family portraits, in-studio shots, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Digitally-altered photos or photos that include copyrighted material as part of the image will not be considered.
- All photo entries become the property of the City of Midland upon submission for use in City-related advertising, social media campaigns, and more.
Photos may be submitted online at www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/citycalendar or hard copy using a contest entry form available at City Hall. Completed forms can be brought to City Hall or mailed to: Midland City Hall, Attention: Katie Guyer, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, MI 48640.
Entries will be accepted through midnight on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Winning photographers will be notified by mid-November 2019.
Residents should expect to receive their 2020 City Calendar and Services Guide by early December 2019.
For additional information or questions about the contest, contact Community Affairs at 989-837-3307 or visit www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/citycalendar.