October 11, 2019 – Nominations for the 2020 Midland County Sports Hall of Fame will be accepted at the City of Midland Parks and Recreation Office until November 15.
The Midland community recognizes leaders in the sports community through the Hall of Fame, which was established in 1990 by the Amateur Sports Capital Committee and the Midland County Convention and Visitors Bureau. The purpose of the Hall of Fame is to honor athletes, sportspersons, coaches, administrators, and benefactors who have made a significant impact on Midland County sports programs. The Midland County Sports Hall of Fame is located on the mezzanine level of the Dow Diamond.
Nomination forms are available online at www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/halloffame and at Parks and Recreation, 4811 N. Saginaw Rd., Midland, MI 48640.
Nominees must have at least three letters of reference, a list of accomplishments and meet one of the following criteria:
- Nominees must have resided, worked, or competed in Midland County and made an outstanding contribution to sports in amateur, high school, college, or professional ranks.
- They must have made outstanding contributions to sports either as an athlete, sportsperson, coach, administrator, or benefactor.
- They must have displayed exemplary service in the field of coaching.
- Teams that have won state, regional, national, or international championships are also eligible.
- Nominees remain on the list for three years, and may be re-nominated after that time.
For more information, contact the Midland Parks and Recreation Office at 989-837-6930 or contact them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.