February 21, 2020 – The City of Midland is pleased to announce that the Midland Civic Arena will host the 2020 Michigan High School Athletic Association, Inc. (MHSAA) Division 1 Region 4 Ice Hockey Regional Tournament beginning next week.
Regional play, which will feature teams from Midland, Bay City Western, Bay City Central, Essexville Garber, John Glenn, Flushing, Lapeer, and Saginaw Heritage high schools, begins on Wednesday, February 26 and concludes on Wednesday, March 4. Midland High School will take on the Bay City Wolves in the second game of the regional at 7:15 p.m. on Wednesday.
The tournament schedule for games at the Civic Arena:
- Regional Quarterfinals: Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- Saginaw Heritage vs. Bay Area, 5:15 p.m.
- Bay City vs. Midland, 7:15 p.m.
- Regional Semifinals: Friday, February 28, 2020
- Heritage/Bay Area winner vs. Lapeer, 6:00 p.m.
- Bay City/Midland winner vs. Flushing, 8:00 p.m.
- Regional Final: Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- Semifinal Game 1 winner vs. Semifinal Game 2 winner, 7:15 p.m.
The event is estimated to draw 1,500 to 2,000 people to the Civic Arena over the course of the regional tournament.
“Hosting an event of this magnitude is a big deal for our facility,” said Civic Arena Manager Kari Knake. “We’re honored to serve as an MHSAA tournament host site and encourage community members to come out and experience the excitement of playoff hockey up-close, right here in Midland.”
Tickets for each game can be purchased at the door for $6.00 per person. For a full tournament schedule and more information on the MHSAA, please visit www.mhsaa.com/sports/ice-hockey.
For more information on the Midland Civic Arena, please visit www.midlandcivicarena.com.