June 2, 2020 - Midland County residents whose groundwater wells were impacted by flood waters should have their water tested to ensure it was not contaminated. Flood waters can contain numerous pathogens, chemicals, and other materials that can make people ill.
Free well testing kits are available through the Midland County Department of Public Health. These kits can be picked up at the County Services Building, 220 W. Ellsworth Street, by calling 989-832-6380. If a well is found to be contaminated, it must be disinfected before safe water use can resume.
Residents who experience no water service or low water pressure from their groundwater wells should also contact the Department of Public Health.
For previous updates, flood response information, and details on release efforts, please visit the following resources:
- Facebook channels for the following entities:
- Midland County Emergency Management (MI)
- Midland County 911
- City of Midland, Michigan – Municipal Government
- Twitter: @CityofMidlandMI
- Twitter: @MidlandCountyMI
- Call 2-1-1
- Sign up for 911 text and email alerts through Nixle.com