June 19, 2020 – Join Midland Parks and Recreation and members of the Midland community to relieve stress, shed pounds, and just have fun during weekly strolls with Walk Midland this summer!
Walk Midland hosts two-mile walks at six walking locations in Midland each week. Walks are free of charge and take place weekly on the following days:
- Sundays at the Tridge at 6 p.m. (meet at the foot near the Farmers Market)
- Mondays at City Forest at 6 p.m. (meet at the trail head)
- Tuesdays at Stratford Park at 6 p.m. (meet near the south end of the parking lot)
- Wednesdays at Chippewa Nature Center at 6 p.m. (meet at the pavilion)
- Thursdays at MidMichigan Medical Center at 12 p.m. (meet at the corner of McCandless and Wellness Drive)
- Fridays at the East End Building at 8 a.m. (meet on the south side at the paved path)
Walk Midland is now open and concludes on Wednesday, August 5. Participation is free and open to everyone.
Each time walkers participate, they will be registered in a drawing for a gift certificate from a local business. In addition, there will be a virtual drawing on Wednesday, August 5 for a grand prize trip for two to the Jazzy Walk Weekend at Mackinac Island’s Grand Hotel over the Labor Day weekend.
Participants are encouraged to wear masks and should also bring their own writing utensils to register.
Walk Michigan is sponsored by City of Midland Parks and Recreation, Chippewa Nature Center, Greater Midland Corporate Wellness, and MidMichigan Health.
For more information, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 989-837-6930 or by email at email@example.com.