June 4, 2021 – Join Midland Parks and Recreation and members of the Midland community to relieve stress, shed pounds, and just have fun during weekly strolls with Walk Midland this summer!
Walk Midland hosts two-mile walks at a variety of walking locations in Midland each week. Representatives from sponsoring organizations will lead each walk. Participation is free and open to everyone!
Walk days, locations, and times each week are as follows:
- Mondays: Midland City Forest, 2840 Monroe Road (meet at trailhead), 6 p.m.
- Tuesdays: Stratford Woods Park, 3922 E. Ashman Street (meet at south end of parking lot), 6 p.m.
- Averill Preserve, 657 E. Wackerly Street (meet in parking lot), 12 p.m.
- Chippewa Nature Center, 400 S. Badour Road (meet at pavilion), 6 p.m.
- Thursdays: MidMichigan Medical Center, 4000 Wellness Drive (meet at the corner of McCandless and Wellness drives), 12 p.m.
- Fridays: East End Building, 1000 E. Main Street (meet at corner of State and Main streets), 8 a.m.
- Sundays: Midland Area Farmer’s Market, 825 E. Main Street (meet at Rail Trail trailhead), 6 p.m.
The program starts on Monday, June 7 and concludes on Wednesday, August 4. There will be no walk on Sunday, July 4.
Drawings for a gift certificate to a local ice cream or coffee shop will be held at each walk. Participants will also be registered for a drawing to win a grand prize package of items from sponsors each time they walk.
Walk Michigan is sponsored by Midland Parks and Recreation, MidMichigan Health, Little Forks Conservancy, Chippewa Nature Center, and Greater Midland Corporate Wellness.
For more information, visit www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/walk or contact Parks and Recreation at 989-837-6930 or firstname.lastname@example.org.