November 12, 2021 – If you plan to have a houseful over the holidays and need to use on-street parking, please keep in mind these rules of the road:
- On-street parking is prohibited on City streets from 3 – 6 a.m. every day. To submit a request for an exception, call the Midland Police Department at 989-631-5716. Not all exceptions will be granted.
- Parking on the curb, sidewalk, outlawn, or in front of private or public driveways is not allowed.
- Vehicles cannot block or obstruct public sidewalks or paved pathways.
- Do not double-park in the City.
- Drivers may not park within 20 feet of a crosswalk, within 15 feet of an intersection, or park and leave vehicles on City property.
- Parking on lawns or grassy surfaces is not permitted.
- To park in a handicapped space, the vehicle must have a Secretary of State-issued tag or license plate that is clearly visible and properly displayed.
- Do not park in a manner that obstructs travel lanes and fire hydrants.
For more on these parking rules, visit www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/ordinances.