February 14, 2014 – City of Midland electors who wish to receive an absentee ballot by mail for the February 25 Special Election must submit their application by 2 p.m., Saturday, February 22, 2014.
The Midland City Clerk’s Office, located in Midland City Hall, 333 West Ellsworth, will be open to receive these applications and to allow electors to vote in person on Saturday, February 22 from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. City of Midland electors qualified to obtain an absentee ballot for the February 25 Special Election may vote in person in the Midland Clerk’s Office until 4 p.m., Monday, February 24, 2014.
To qualify for an absentee ballot, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be at least 60 years of age
- Absent from the community for the entire time the polls are open on election day
- Physically unable to attend the polls
- Unable to attend the polls because of religious reasons
- Appointed as an election inspector in a precinct other than where you live
- Confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
For questions or further information on absentee ballots, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 989-837-3310.