January 17, 2014 – Absentee ballots are now available for the February 25, 2014 Special Election. Qualified electors in the city of Midland may obtain an absentee ballot at the Midland City Clerk’s Office, located at 333 West Ellsworth Street, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
To qualify for an absentee ballot, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be at least 60 years of age
- Absent from the community for the entire time the polls are open on election day
- Physically unable to attend the polls
- Unable to attend the polls because of religious reasons
- Appointed as an election inspector in a precinct other than where you live
- Confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
For further information, contact the Midland City Clerk’s Office at 989-837-3310.