August 25, 2023 – City of Midland property owners are reminded that Summer 2023 tax payments are due and payable without penalty or interest through September 15, 2023 to the City of Midland Treasurer’s Office, 333 W. Ellsworth Street.
Tax notices were mailed to City property owners during the first week of July on a yellow, sealed postcard containing the City’s logo. Residents who have not received a summer tax bill should contact the City Treasurer's office at 989-837-3315.
The summer tax notice combines the full annual tax levy for the City of Midland, Delta College, Midland County Operating, State Education Tax, and part of the annual tax levy for Midland Public Schools and Midland County Educational Service Agency. The total summer millage rate on principal residence property in the City of Midland within the Midland Public School District is 31.3461 mills; the total on non-principal residence real property is 40.1195 mills.
A one percent (1%) tax administration fee will be imposed on all applicable summer and winter taxes. This fee is authorized by State law to offset costs incurred by the City in assessing property values, collecting property tax levies, and in the assessment review and appeal process. The tax administration fee is calculated on the base tax.
Property owners whose taxes are not paid via escrow or a third-party agent can pay their tax bills via the following methods:
- Online with a credit card or electronic check at www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/pay
- Automatically from their bank accounts on the due date using Auto-Pay
- In person by check or cash at Midland City Treasurer’s Office, 333 W. Ellsworth, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- After hours payments placed in the depository located in the main entrance of Midland City Hall
- Via mail by check or cash to Midland City Treasurer’s Office, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, MI 48640
Tax billing and payment information can be found online at www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/treasurer.