June 12, 2015 – Midland Parks and Recreation, in partnership with the Michigan Recreation and Park Association (MRPA), announces the fifth annual, all-inclusive bus trip to the historic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.
The bus trip will take place from October 6-9. The Mackinac Island Grand Experience is for individuals 50 years or older; spouses, sons, daughters, and caregivers under 50 are also welcome. The trip will provide guests with a unique opportunity to participate in a wide variety of programs and activities such as tournaments, crafts, dancing, and carriage tours that will make their stay a truly grand experience.
Packages include:• Accommodations for three nights at the beautiful Grand Hotel
• Baggage handling, taxes, and most tips• Tea and cookies each afternoon
• Full breakfast each morning• Five-course dinner each night
• Round-trip ferry • Taxi to/from the dock to the hotel
• Horse-drawn carriage tour• Bingo (afternoon and evening)
• Various activities such as bocce ball tournament, putting and chipping contest, writing and photography contest, cooking demo, self-guided walks, history lectures, kitchen tour, movies, nightly demitasse, and dancing to the Grand Hotel Orchestra• Discounts on bicycle rental and golf
• Round-trip motor coach transportation from Midland to Mackinac City
For more information including trip cost, visit the website at www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/grand or contact the Midland Parks and Recreation Department at 989-837-6930 or by e-mail at email@example.com.