March 31, 2016 – Midland Parks and Recreation, in partnership with the Michigan Recreation and Park Association (MRPA) announces the sixth-annual, all-inclusive bus trip to the historic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.
The bus trip will take place from Monday, October 10 thru Thursday, October 13. The Mackinac Island Grand Experience is for individuals 50 years or older. The trip will provide guests with a unique opportunity to participate in a wide variety of programs and activities such as tournaments, crafts, dancing, and carriage tours that will make their stay a truly grand experience.
• Accommodations for three nights at the beautiful Grand Hotel • Baggage handling, taxes, and most tips
• Tea and cookies each afternoon• Full breakfast each morning
• Five-course dinner each night • Round-trip ferry
• Taxi to/from the dock to hotel• Horse-drawn carriage tour
• Bingo (afternoon and evening)• Various activities such as bocce ball tournament, putting and chipping contest, writing and photography contest, cooking demo, self-guided walks, history lectures, kitchen tour, movies, nightly demitasse, and dancing to the Grand Hotel Orchestra
• Discounts on bicycle rental and golf• Round trip motor coach transportation from Midland to Mackinac City
For more information including trip cost, visit the website at www.cityofmidlandmi.gov/grand or contact the Midland Parks and Recreation Department at 989-837-6930 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.