How do I get a copy of a report from a complaint that I made?
You can contact our Records Bureau, Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. They are located just inside the lobby of the Law Enforcement Center at 2727 Rodd St. You should note that only three types of reports are available to the public. They are:

1.) Traffic Crash Reports
2.) Domestic Violence Reports - available only to the victim’s of the domestic violence
3.) Summary Reports of burglaries, larcenies, and vandalism - which contain the limited information, needed for insurance claims. Requests for all other reports must be made through the Freedom of Information Act.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact to make a report about a problem?
2. Do I call 911 even if it is not an emergency?
3. I want to reach a specific officer. How do I contact them?
4. How do I get a copy of a report from a complaint that I made?
5. What is the Freedom of Information Act (F.O.I.A)?
6. What happens when I file a complaint?
7. How do I find out the status of a complaint that I filed?
8. The father/mother of my child has violated a Friend of the Court visitation order. Can the Midland Police Department assist me in getting my child back?
9. Where can I get a Preliminary Breath Test (PBT)?
10. Can I get a copy of a criminal history?
11. There is a vehicle parked on my business or personal property that is not mine. What can I do about it?
12. How can I assist or get more involved with the Midland Police Department?
13. Someone I know has been arrested. Who do I contact for information about their release from jail?
14. There is a neighborhood dog that is a nuisance. Who can I contact?
15. What are the hours for allowable excessive noise in Midland?
16. How loud is too loud for my car stereo?
17. Can I have a “campfire” in my backyard?
18. Why did I receive a bill from the Midland Police Department for a false alarm?
19. How can I get a tour of the Law Enforcement Center?