Where can I get a copy of the traffic laws?
The Secretary of State maintains the Michigan Motor Vehicle Code, which contains the state laws concerning the “Rules of the Road” in Michigan. You can either contact the Secretary of State to obtain a “hard copy” of the Michigan Motor Vehicle Code, go online to the Motor Vehicle Code for “Michigan Compiled Laws”.

Show All Answers

1. On my street there seems to be an excessive amount of speeding or other traffic problems. How do I request extra traffic enforcement?
2. I know of a traffic light that is not operating properly or a sign that is knocked down, who do I contact?
3. I have a suggestion to improve traffic safety in a particular area of the city. Who would I contact for that suggestion?
4. I received a ticket for a traffic violation, how do I take care of it?
5. What are the fines and points given for specific moving violations?
6. Upon my request, does a police officer have to show me the radar used to “clock” me?
7. Where can I get a copy of the traffic laws?
8. What should I do when I get involved in an accident?
9. What should I do if a police officer stops me in my car?
10. What are the parking ordinances and fines in the city of Midland?