How do I find out who my inspector is if I live in Midland County?
A directory of building inspectors is available through the Midland County Code Authority. Call 989-837-6521 to find out more.

Show All Answers

1. When should I call for an inspection?
2. How do I find out who my inspector is if I live in Midland County?
3. Why is an inspection and permit necessary for replacement of water heaters and furnaces?
4. How can I find out what type of pipe to use for water service, gas lines, etc.?
5. I live in a township outside the Midland city limits and have a building-related problem / question. Can the City of Midland help me with this?
6. Where can I order State of Michigan code books for building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing work?
7. Do I need a permit to expand my driveway?
8. Where can I post a sign on my property?
9. How do I find my property lines?
10. My neighbor does not rake his leaves and they blow into my yard. What can the City do about this?
11. My neighbor has not shoveled the sidewalk in front of his home / business. Can the City require that it be shoveled?
12. My landlord is evicting me, but I do not want to vacate my rental unit. Can the City help me with this problem?
13. I may have mold in my apartment, and my landlord won't fix the problem. Can the City help me resolve this issue with my landlord?
14. How do I request a sign variance?
15. I am working around my gas or electric meter what do I do?
16. Does the City of Midland enforce deed restrictions?
17. Where can I find my deed restrictions for the neighborhood in which I live?
18. What can I do about a possible mold problem?