A 4 x 6 x 4-foot (4 cubic yards) dumpster can be reserved by residential customers living within the Midland City limits for overnight loading by reserving one online or by calling DPS at 989-837-6900. Containers must be reserved at least two days in advance. Residents can reserve up to 4 containers per calendar year. There is no charge for this service.
Reservations are available Monday - Friday, and can be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. The driver will determine the safest location for placement. The container is placed on either your outlawn (between the curb and sidewalk) or driveway approach before 3:30 p.m. and collected early the following morning. Friday reservations may load over the weekend for early Monday morning pickup.
Guidelines For Use
1. Only one container per day per address is allowed.
2. Containers will be delivered between 8:00am and 3:00pm on the date you reserved. The container will be picked up early on the next business day.
3. Do not move or relocate the BAC from the location it was placed by the driver.
4. Due to disposal regulations, containers can be filled with either brush or refuse, but brush and refuse cannot be mixed together.
5. Due to weight restrictions, the BAC can only be filled up to half-full with shingles, drywall or ceramic tile. Overfilled containers must be unloaded by the resident to meet specifications.
6. The container cannot be used to dispose of hazardous household materials, chemicals, liquid paint, dead animals, car parts including bodies, batteries or tires.
7. The container may not be used for yard waste (i.e. leaves, twigs, garden waste, grass, etc.), soil or sod, mattresses, box springs, entry and closet doors, windows, asphalt, concrete, brick or stone and other masonry rubble, lumber, decking and other building material.
8. Everything must fit inside the container so that the lid completely closes.
9. Do not pile any items outside or next to the container.
10. Everything placed in the container must be generated from the address where it is placed.
11. This service is only available to occupied residential dwellings.