Hello Residents and Families!
- August 7th is the day that you can fully return home. Rent will begin August 7th.
- The rent invoice will be in your apartment and will be due August 15th.
- We will be fully staffed August 7th, 8th and 9th to help support the transition home.
- You may begin bringing things home on the days we are open each week. We have extended hours.
- Friday, July 31st from 11:00-3:00
- Wednesday, August 5th from 11:00-3:00
- Most everyone who is permanently moving away from Riverside Place has been scheduled to move out prior to August 7th. We appreciate your patience on retrieving your things while the elevators were down. If you have not scheduled a date for move out, please call the office as we cannot overlap moving trucks and companies.
- The washers and dryers are being shipped at the beginning of August. We are not sure if they will be to Riverside Place and hooked up by August 7th, but soon after. The laundry rooms will be open until renovations on the lower level begin and then we will work with the contractors to keep them open as often as we are able, but please know for the next 6 months to 1 year that there will be times laundry is not available.
- We cannot permit residents or families or caregivers to be in the lower level areas with the exception of the laundry rooms when they are open.
- There will be access to the lower level to get to the parking lot of course!
- Storage units will not be available to residents until after restoration is over.
- COVID precautions will require that you semi-self-quarantine for 14 days. No public gatherings inside of RP of any kind. You may come get mail, visit the office window. You may come and go from the building as you please following Gov. Whitmer’s guidelines. Masks will be required when you are outside of your apartment. Six feet apart when traveling around the building please. This is not fun at all, I know! But, we want to protect each other to the best of our abilities before we start gathering in groups. The 14 days will go fast! They begin the day you return home.
- The parking lots are going to be resealed before your return if weather cooperates. If not, please be prepared to have this done after your return (date to be determined) which would mean that the parking lot will not be available for 3 days while the job is completed. So, here’s to hoping the weather cooperates and it is done BEFORE you come back!
- Meals: The mobile kitchen is in the back parking lot! The electric has been hooked up, the water lines hooked up and tanks for the dirty water are hooked up. The propane is on the way next week. Sodexo is here sanitizing and cleaning kitchen supplies and setting up shop in the trailer and in the 2nd floor lounge.
- Meal Details: This service begins MONDAY, August 10th.
- Main meal – Monday-Friday 11:30am – 2pm
- The cost per meal will be $10.75. It will go back to $11.25 once the commercial kitchen is repaired.
- No drinks – please keep your favorite meal time drinks in your refrigerator
- 1 meal option
- Smaller alternate menu – 5 choices with carb friendly options
- 1 appetizer which will always be soup. Soup on Mon. and Thurs. will be named on tickets and Tues./Wed./Fri. will be Chef’s choice
- Meals will be delivered by Sodexo to Resident apartments beginning at 11:30am beginning on the 4th floor down. Before the flood it took approximately 1 ½ hours but it may take longer especially in the beginning.
- 20 meals required for Independent living residents beginning August 29th-September 28th.
- Sodexo will be able to sell a frozen prepared meal to you for the weekends if you are unable to prepare meals for yourself. Please plan on providing your own meals August 7th, 8th and 9th. There will be limited frozen weekend meals available for sale, therefore, it will be a first come, first served basis. More details of times and where they can be purchased will follow. This will be evaluated to see what the actual interest is moving forward.
- For the first week of meals, beginning August 10th, we have planned on delivering meals to everyone because we had no way to figure out how much food to order before you came home. If you are not home, your meal will be put in a refrigerator until 4PM. Please come to the office to pick up your meal if you were not home for delivery by 4PM.
- Main meal – Monday-Friday 11:30am – 2pm
** You will only be charged for meals that you eat between August 10th and August 28th. **
We have seen many unexpected blessings in and throughout the major inconveniences and disappointments of this crazy 2020 year, but I am confident, there will be more hidden blessings even as we face upcoming changes and challenges. My heart is with so many of you right now. Please know that all the staff at Riverside Place cannot wait to have our family home!
- 9-foot ceilings
- Carpeting and window treatments
- Emergency Call System and smoke detectors with sprinkler system
- Grab bars in bathroom
- Individually controlled thermostats
- Kitchen with stove, refrigerator, and garbage disposal
- Phone jacks in bedrooms and living room
- Tub or walk-in shower
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
- Controlled building access
- Reserved parking space for residents with cars
- Social, educational, devotional, and recreational programs
- Storage locker for each apartment
- Utility allowance including Expanded Basic Cablevision
- Additional meals
- Beauty / Barber Salon
- Care available on a "Users Fee" basis from our health care contractor
- Chore services
- Covered parking
- Gift Shop
- Health monitoring services provided by an RN
- Scheduled health and exercise programs
- Smoke-free facility
- Special events and outings
- Token operated laundry facilities
- Variety of planned activities
City of Midland Services
- Dial-A-Ride, a demand-response bus system provided through the City of Midland, is available daily to take residents anywhere within the city limits for a nominal rider fee.
- In addition, the Midland County Senior Services provides a door-to-door courtesy car which is available for a small fee to take residents to appointments. Reservations should be made ahead of time.